T: + 380 44 230 6000 D: + 380 44 390 0750 M: + 380 67 441 6140
F: + 380 44 230 6001
Armen Khachaturyan is a senior partner and co-chair of Aviation group at Asters. Armen has acted for a wide range of aviation parties on various corporate, commercial, finance, regulatory, licensing, administrative and enforcement matters. He has significant experience of major cross-border leasing products and secured lending.
Armen also has extensive banking, finance and project finance experience. Armen’s practice areas also include M&A, general corporate advice, currency control, securities, energy, privatization, and employment law. He frequently advises foreign and Ukrainian clients on cross-border legal planning and regulatory issues related to foreign investment.
Armen has been recognized as:
- leading Lawyer for Banking and Finance and M&A, IFLR1000 2013;
- leading lawyer in M&A, The International Who’s Who of M&A Lawyers 2013;
- 1 band ranking for banking and finance and featured as a high level professional in corporate and M&A, restructuring and insolvency, Chambers Global
- leading lawyer for banking and finance, capital markets, corporate and M&A, restructuring and insolvency, Chambers Europe 2013;
- leading specialist in banking, finance and capital markets, Legal 500: EMEA 2013;
- The Lawyer of the Year (Kyiv) in capital markets; recognized lawyer for banking and finance, investment, corporate and M&A, project finance and development, Best Lawyers 2013;
- prominent expert in banking and finance, capital markets and restructuring; notable practitioner in M&A, Ukrainian Law Firms 2013. A Handbook for Foreign Clients;
- endorsed lawyer for banking and finance, capital markets: debt and equity, labour and employee benefits, corporate and M&A, PLC Which Lawyer? 2012;
- highly experienced professional in banking and finance, The International Who’s Who of Banking Lawyers 2012;
- The Best Lawyer in Ukraine for banking and finance, Legal Awards 2012. Yuridicheskaya Practika;
- one of the Top 25 leading lawyers in Ukraine, Ukrainian Law Firms 2011. A Handbook for Foreign Clients;
- one of the world’s pre-eminent practitioners in banking and finance and M&A, Legal Media Group Guides (Expert Guides) 2011.
Armen was educated at:
- Yale Law School, USA, LL.M, 1993.
- International Law Institute, Washington, D.C., U.S. Legal System, 1991;
- Kiev National University, J.D. 1983; Ph.D. in Private International Law, 1990.
Armen speaks English, Russian and Ukrainian.
Armen is a member of:
- International Bar Association;
- Ukrainian Bar Association, Kiev City Bar Association;
- IBA Law Firm Management Committee Advisory Board
- Board of Directors of U.S. – Ukraine Business Council.