LL.B., University of London (External Programme), 2008;
Member of Sindh Bar Council and Karachi Bar Association;
Advocate High Court of Sindh.
Has worked on various corporate and commercial matters including project financing in the private power sector (wind, gas, hydel and refined fuel oil powered projects) as well as mergers and acquisitions in the banking, telecommunications and oil sectors. Possesses extensive experience in drafting, negotiating and advising on transaction and security documents. Also deals with general queries relating to company law, foreign exchange regulations and contentious and non-contentious contractual matters, notably in the following matters:
- Acting for National Bank of Pakistan and Habib Bank Limited as the lead arrangers of a multi-facility financing of a 220 MW (gross) expansion project for the Hub Power Company Limited at Narowal in Punjab, including drafting and reviewing of the finance documents and the preparation and issue of legal opinions;
- Acting for the lenders including the International Finance Corporation, the Asian Development Bank, the Islamic Development Bank and other leading financial institutions and commercial banks in relation to the hydropower projects of Laraib Energy Limited and Star Hydro Power Limited, including drafting and reviewing the project and finance documents and reviewing and compiling the laws applicable in the State of Azad Jammu and Kashmir; advising on conditions precedent documents and all matters pertaining to financial closing;
- Acting as lenders counsel for the 49.5 MW wind power project of FFC Energy Limited and conducting extensive work on drafting, reviewing and negotiating of the project and finance documents, advising on conditions precedent for financial close and preparing and issuing legal opinions;
- Acting for International Finance Corporation, Asian Development Bank, Islamic Development Bank and Korea Ex-Im Bank in relation to the Gulpur Hydroelectric Project;
- Acting for Overseas Private Investment Corporation in relation to its financing of the 50MW Sapphire Wind Power Project;
- Acting for Overseas Private Investment Corporation in relation to its financing of the 50MW Dewan Wind Power Project;
- Preparing and annually updating the chapter relating to the Sale of Goods Act, 1930, for the Center for International Legal Studies;
- Preparing due diligence reports on various matters pertaining to Pakistani laws including the due diligence of a major telecommunications provider in Pakistan and assessing the impact of the merger on the loan and security documents;
- Advising Shell on mergers and acquisitions laws in Pakistan;
- Acting for the Royal Bank of Scotland group in connection with the divestment of the Royal Bank of Scotland of its Pakistan business;
- Advising companies, including Credit Suisse Pakistan (Private) Limited and Schering Plough Pakistan (Private) Limited on various corporate matters on an ongoing basis;
- conducting legal research for matters under litigation and arbitration, including arbitration under the rules of the International Chamber of Commerce;
- Acting for International Finance Corporation, Overseas Private Investment Corporation and local lenders in connection with the debt financing of and for International Finance Corporation in connection with a equity investment in a 50MW Wind Farm by Tenaga Generasi Limited, a subsidiary of Dawood Lawrencepur Limited;
- Advising a Chinese company in relation to their proposed investment in a coal mine mouth power project in the province of Punjab;
- Advising a Chinese company in respect of their proposed investment in a coal power project in the province of Sindh involving imported coal;
- Advising a Hong Kong company in respect of the regulatory framework for potential investments in coal mine companies and coal power project companies in Pakistan;
- Advising Pakistan International Container Terminal Limited on its prepayment obligations and related issues under the finance documents pertaining to the facilities extended to it by International Finance Corporation and the OPEC Fund for International Development;
- Acting for Overseas Private Investment Corporation and a consortium of Pakistani banks in relation to the financing of the 50MW Master Wind Power Project.
- Acting for the lenders in relation to the SK Hydro and Karot Power Projects including drafting, negotiating and reviewing all transaction documents and advising on all matters.