T: + 380 44 230 6000
F: + 380 44 230 6001
E: [email protected]
Vadym Samoilenko is a partner and co-chair of the Aviation group at Asters. He advises the aircraft operators, sellers, purchasers, lessors and manufacturers on buying, selling and leasing of commercial and military aircrafts, engines and parts, as well as on different aspects of corporate, contractual, licensing, customs, labour and regulatory matters. Vadym’s practice areas also cover M&A, corporate, project finance, securities, transactional taxation.
Vadym received his LL.M. degree from the University of Chicago Law School and his J.D. degree from the Yaroslav the Wise National Law Academy of Ukraine. Also, he completed a non-degree program at the Harvard University Ukrainian Research Institute.
Vadym has been recognized as:
- No. 1 lawyer for corporate, Ukrainian Law Firms 2013. A Handbook for Foreign Clients;
- Recognized lawyer for corporate and M&A, corporate governance and compliance, Best Lawyers 2013;
- Endorsed lawyer for private equity and venture capital, PLC Which Lawyer? 2012;
- Recognized specialist in dispute resolution, Legal 500 EMEA 2010;
- Awarded with the Certificate of Honor of the State Securities and Stock Market Commission of Ukraine;
- Featured practitioner for corporate and M&A in Ukraine, Client Choice 2013 published by Ukrainian legal weekly Yurydychna Gazeta.
Vadym was educated at:
- University of Chicago Law School, USA, LL.M, 1996;
- Yaroslav the Wise National Law Academy of Ukraine, Ukraine, J.D., 1995;
- Harvard University Ukrainian Research Institute, USA, 1994;
- Lugansk State Pedagogical Institute, Ukraine, 1990.
Vadym speaks English, Russian and Ukrainian.
Vadym is a member of:
- International Bar Association;
- Ukrainian Bar Association, member of the Board;
- Kyiv Region Bar Association;
- Corporate Governance Council for the Securities and Exchange National Commission of Ukraine;
- Kazakhstan International Arbitration Court (KIA) of the Chamber of Commerce of the Republic of Kazakhstan, listed arbitrator.