Position: PARTNER GENERAL AVIATION, REGULATORY AND AVIATION FINANCE
T: +27 11 530 5298
F: +27 11 530 6298
Neerasha is a partner in the firm’s Mergers and Acquisitions Practice. She specialises in mergers and acquisitions, general commercial law, insolvency, general commercial aviation as well as aviation finance.
Neerasha graduated from the University of Natal with a Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Laws and has completed the coursework component towards a Master of Laws (taxation, intellectual property and contract).
She has acted for financiers, manufacturers, lessees and purchasers of airframes and engines in sales, leases as well as sales and lease backs of airframes and engines.
Neerasha has assisted in:
- the preparation of responses to extensive jurisdictional questionnaires for Irish, US based, Jersey and Singaporean leasing companies and financiers with respect to sale and lease of aircraft to South African airlines and in particular, South Africa’s national carrier;
- in the novation and renewal of aircraft lease agreements as a consequence of the sale and securitisation of fleets of aircraft, on lease to South Africa’s national carrier and other airlines;
- the preparing and issuing beneficial interest, title and security opinions;
- the preparation and registration of aircraft mortgages with the South African Civil Aviation Authority; and
- providing advice on aircraft operating certificates, foreign operators permits and licences (international and domestic).