Rodolfo Ruiz A.
Position: Socio Director | Managing Partner
T: tel:+58 (212) 720-2193
Av. Luis de Camoens, Torre Xpress, Piso 4, Oficina 403
Urb. Macaracuay, Caracas - Venezuela
Rodolfo specialises in aviation and space law. His practice encompasses contentious, non-contentious and regulatory aviation matters. His performance has gained him a recognition as a Leading Aviation Lawyer in Venezuela by Who’s Who Legal.
Rodolfo is a Venezuelan lawyer based in Caracas, where he leads the local aviation and aerospace practice group. He has been recognized by Who’s Who Legal as a Leading Aviation Lawyer in Venezuela.
Rodolfo’s experience includes, inter alia, regulatory, contractual, and contentious work with especial emphasis in liability. He has represented local and international air carriers, insurers, and reinsurers in defending passenger claims, as well as in most of the latest commercial and general aviation losses occurred in Venezuela. Rodolfo has also advised on contractual aspects of aircraft utilization agreements, including dry and wet leases for local operators.
Rodolfo qualified as a lawyer in 2002. Prior to setting up Ruiz & Partners, he led the aviation practice of a top-rated UK international law firm in Venezuela.
- Acting for reinsurers in a subrogated claim for the recovery of damages caused to the landing gear of a Cessna 525A as a result of structural irregularities of the runway.
- Advising reinsurers on liability aspects resulting from structural damages caused as a result of the impact of a baggage trolley against one of the aircraft operated by the insured airline.
- Acting for a local air operator in conducting negotiations for the dry lease of an A737-200 to be employed in non-regular operations within the region.
- Acting for reinsurers in relation to passenger and third-party legal liability claims following an ATR42-300 crash occurred in Ciudad Guayana, Venezuela in September 2010.
- Representing reinsurers in relation to passenger legal liability claims following a Cessna 208B Grand Caravan crash in Canaima, Venezuela in April 2009.
- Acting for reinsurers in relation to passenger legal liability and salvage claims following the ditching of a Cessna 208B Grand Caravan into the ocean off La Tortuga Island, Venezuela in August 2009.
- Advising insurers on liability aspects following the crash of a B737-200 operated by a local carrier during a ferry flight to Latacunga, Ecuador in August 2008.