ABA Washington Update Conference of the Forum on Air and Space Law
The Forum on Air & Space Washington Update Conference (WUC) provides an insider’s perspective on the leading topics in air and space law, as well as a look forward to the leading policy issues at the forefront in 2023 and beyond.
ABOUT THIS EVENT
2022 was a year of rebuilding & restructuring, an exciting and eventful year in the world of air and space. This conference provides a briefing and an insider’s perspective on the hot topics related to air and space law as well as a look forward to 2023 & beyond.
The 2023 Update Conference will present experienced and informed panels and distinguished speakers, who put current issues into perspective and offer their visions for the future. Our Morning and Luncheon Keynote speakers will be Joel Szabat (Former Department of Transportation Assistant Secretary for Aviation and International Affairs).
Featured panels include:
- Legislative Updates and Outlook for 2023 Panel: A look at recent infrastructure legislation, increasing attention by the Biden Administration on commercial aviation operational policies, and the upcoming FAA Reauthorization Act
- Sustainability Panel: A discussion of the challenges of the industry commitment to net-zero carbon emissions by 2050
- Space Law Update Panel: The state of and predictions for optical communications
- Consumer Protection Panel: A discussion of current and upcoming issues in the consumer protection space
- Advanced Air Mobility Panel: The state of electric-power aircraft and the impact on the industry
- Airports Update Panel: Emergent airport-related issues raised by public charter